11/11/2004

Submission; powerful short film

This story on the dutch filmmaker interested me. So sad that by shedding light on this heinous act of violence against muslim women by thier own husbands, he is murdered! I understand (according to Blake who went there on his mission) that the dutch society and muslim societies are extremely separated in the Netherlands. It's interesting to me that the dutch philosphy of "live and let live" is now imploding in their country.

Anyway, back to the subject matter; I have read several books on muslim women and especially Saudi Royals (Princess trilogy read these books!). I applaud this dutch filmmaker for bringing to screen the tragic story of so many muslim women. I realize not all muslim women lead the horrific life as the woman in the film, but I think it happens all to often. I watched the film today and was moved. If you watch it, let me know what you think.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh~i remember when this happened, i was devasted because i felt the loss of a van gogh, why would they do such a thing? i didn't know much about the filmaker until i heard this news, and remember writing about it in my own blog...where did you find a copy of his movie? it would be interesting to see what cost his life~

jenny www.queenthings.com

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home